We all know, that people with a negative outlook tend to focus on what might be wrong while the opposite works as well. Thinking differently does not change our actions and daily habits, but is crucial to allowing space for new.
Thoughts and Feelings
If you think you will be bored, you expect to be bored, your focus is on boredom. Chances are, you feel bored.
If you expect other to make the changes in you, it’s not going to work. We are the masters of our worlds. We own our thoughts and feelings if we are clear and present.
Changing the way you think about or interpret a situation or experience involves looking at a situation from a different perspective or framing it in a different way in order to change your emotional response to it. Reframing a situation can exchange e.g. a negative expectation with a playful, open-minded curiosity. With that kind of different attention the whole scenario can change: We can be present in the moment and really allow for something new to happen instead of repeating our habitual circle of thinking-feeling-acting habit.
Not easy – simple
It takes a whole lot of attention and awareness to make / take that new “neuronal” pathway. Clarity is necessary!
Non-judgement is required to really be available to moving out of the presumably safe heaven of risk-free habitual nutshell.
Do you waste your Energy?
Our attention is like a life currency. TV, chatting and social media changes people from creators to consumers by sucking attention and energy.
There are a few different strategies that can be helpful for focusing on the good stuff and expecting the best, rather than expecting the worst and possibly unconsciously choosing passivity:
- Practice gratitude: Make a habit of regularly reflecting on the things that you are grateful for. This can help shift your focus to the positive aspects of your life.
- Cultivate a positive outlook: Try to look for the silver lining in difficult situations, and focus on the potential opportunities or benefits that might come out of them.
- Set achievable goals: When you have clear, achievable goals, it can be easier to focus on the progress you are making and the things that are going well, rather than dwelling on setbacks or negative outcomes.
- Surround yourself with positive people: The people you spend time with can have a big impact on your outlook and attitude. Surrounding yourself with positive, supportive people can help you stay focused on the good stuff.
- Seek support: If you find it difficult to shift your focus away from negative thoughts and expectations, consider seeking the help of a mental health professional. They can help you develop coping strategies and build more positive thinking patterns.
Self Image and Clarity
If your self image is one of a negative person it’s time to gain more clarity: do you really think that you are what you think or what other people think of you are?
I wish you a lot of curiosity and fun experimenting with the above 5 points, not only because today is the first day of the rest of you life xxx
Walking Guru Coaching & Mentoring
Coaching Self-empowerment to Feel Good Noe
Leave a Reply